Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Don't Worry, you just have to be patient.

My first boyfriend and I were together for a year and a half. He knows me very well and because we were together so long I have say that during that time we actually became best friends. Afterwards it changed drastically... but that is beside the point. We had a close relationship. The day after we broke up I laid in my bed crying. I had lost one of only two people that knew my secrets (my best friend of 9 years being the other). I had lost someone to call when I was stressed. I had lost someone who held me tightly. I had lost my date to prom. I had lost a year and a half! And yeah I probably lost some socks.... So the day after our break up I laid in my bed, crying my eyes out. My family (or at least my brother) wasn't very sympathetic. They wanted me to instantaneously move on. As if it had never happened. But none of them had ever really gone through a break up like this. However, one of them pulled through for me. My niece (at the time she was just 2). She walked into my room and said, "Megan? Are you ok?"
"No." I replied.
"Oh....is it because you lost you best friend Max?" she was puzzled.
"Yup...." I sniffled.
"Oh.... It is gunna be okay Megan. Don't worry, you just have to be patient." She said as she stroked my greasy hair.
Don't worry, you just have to be patient.... How did a 2 year old know so much? How did she know that I was in pain and needed someone to sit by me and stroke my hair? How did she know the word patient!? And will she ever realize that she was the reason that I got out of bed that day? I love my niece. She is brilliant and she is sweet. An adorable combination that has pulled me through rough moments, happy moments and everything in between. Children are truly a blessing to us.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment